Wednesday 21 October 2015

New girl in the City

I am starting this post with the title from the movie, 'Wake up Sid'. But unlike that movie, I have yet to find anything complementary about this city.
Its been four months since I have become an inhabitant of Mumbai. Starting with John Denvor's 'Leaving on a Jet plane' at Kolkata Airport, I have gone through ' Yeh kaha aa gaye hum', 'Yeh hain Mumbai meri jaan- Zara hatke, zara bachke' to now has finally settled to 'What the fuck is happening to me'. No, that is not a song I know, but there aught to be one, considering the fact that so many of us feel that way so very often.
Why can't I feel the way everybody seems to feel about Mumbai? 'Mayanagari', 'would never ever leave this city willingly'. Maybe its just early days. But I have swung from happiness to deep depression to hair splitting tantrum more times than I care to remember in this short space of time. Man! I am so tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment