Saturday 12 March 2016

The Usual Whining

So, here I am, back again, with a new post. Its my usual whining my Diary is filed with, of a girl, rapidly approaching 30, halfway towards my retiring age (conventional, I mean), who stays alone in a metro and the associated frustration of not being near her parents or future husband. Add to that, the frustration of not being able to doing anything about her determined purpose of life ('dream' being a too cliched word). Not to mention going to a job which is well paid but does nothing to provide job satisfaction and the fact that the seniors in that job seem to be well satisfied with what they have been doing in their lives.
So what do you do to dispel your sense of helplessness and powerless against this compulsion for your paapi pet? You start finding new ways of satisfying your appetite and trying to convince yourself that you are doing something worth doing. To get over the fact that Mumbai has everything under the earth you may wish for, but the over pricing and travel time doesn't allow you to do anything easily unless you are actually planning for it since beforehand; I joined Guitar class. The result is I have split fingers in my left hand and I rarely get the time to practice it at home. Costly enrollment in a gym where I barely get time to go because by the time I have come back tackling the Mumbai Local, I usually have no life left in me. Consequently, I have also learned why Mumbaikars rush everywhere, even when they have reached the last station and their homes are only minutes away. I feel, very badly for everyone who are forced to stay here. I imagine this city must have been a pleasant place to live at only a few decades ago. Now, the locals hate the outsiders much as the outsiders hate to go through all the nonsense in their daily lives (I daresay that people who actually enjoy staying in Mumbai also hate the aspects I mentioned). It so ironic. So may people suffering, same sufferings, no matter who they are or what they do.
Life seems meaningless now-a-days. Don't know what is lacking. But kids, here's a lesson for you. Don't take for granted what you have today, right now. You never know when life will make you eat your words. And don't ever create dreams for yourself based on vague assumptions, instead make meticulous plans if you really want something to happen in your life. Its so true, life actually hands yo out what you really want. Because, whether consciously or not, you somehow work for it. Problem with mine is, I have had too mane vague and unplanned variables in my wants and thus am reaping what i sowed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment